It’s gameday Irish fans. Make sure you leave a comment during the day with your score predictions, a limerick keys to the game or just a Go Irish! Check back in during the game for live game chat with other irish fans giving their own play-by-play reactions. Below are our keys to the game and a gameday limerick to enjoy.
Keys to the Game – How to tell how the day will go
Tonight’s game vs. Michigan (sucks) is huge. The difference between 0-2 and 1-1 is much larger than one game. The Irish have to show today that they can take care of the ball but most importantly bounce back if adversity comes their way.
- The Irish offense operates on tempo. Rees is definitely a rhythm QB and once that tune gets started he is a wonderful distributor of the football.
- A second receiver emerges. It doesn’t matter whether it is Tyler Eifert, Theo Riddick, TJ Jones or even Robby Toma (hint to BK) ND needs to establish a threat today that will take some of the heat off of Floyd.
- Last week’s Cierre Wood shows up this week
- A BIG improvement in special teams. Speical teams is 1/3 of the college game and ND can’t repeat like week’s abysmal performance
- Turnovers that give Michigan (sucks) the short field. The more the Irish can force Robinson to drive the entire field the better likelihood that those drives result in turnovers
- Limit the big plays – In the recent past, the Michigan (sucks) offense has lived on big play. Cut off that lifeline and Michigan has a much tougher time matching-up with the Irish
- If we are unable to contain Robinson. You don’t have to stop him, he will get his yards but you can’t let him keep you off-balance. The Irish must be able to take away his ability to scramble with a spy of some sort. If we don’t have a player that can shadow Denard or if we cannot keep him in a collapsing pocket, it spells trouble for the Irish
It’s Michigan for the Irish – game two
Throwback white and green vs. Blue
Tie your shoelaces Denard
Cause your about to be scared
By T’eo and his wrecking crew
That is below and how good it is up to you! Let’s Go Irish!!